Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 515 ap to 7210 controllers deploying new aps

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba 515 ap to 7210 controllers deploying new aps

Posted Mar 24, 2023 11:27 AM

Hello everyone 

I have just taken over a network at a local school district and have little documentation on how the controllers are configured to accept new devices, how traffic is routed etc. I need help on how to deploy aps in our environment I've been reading all reference guides I can find and haven't found a clear-cut path to doing this. The aps are rma devices to replace defective ones so I want to provision the new devices as if they were the defective ones, all help is appreciated thank you all so much! 

• 2.  RE: Aruba 515 ap to 7210 controllers deploying new aps

Posted Mar 27, 2023 04:40 AM

You don't state whether you have a Mobility Conductor managing the controllers. Our environment utilises the Conductor to manage clusters of controllers. We use whitelist-cp on the CLI to add APs. Might be other ways to do it, but this is how we do it across 3 clusters and approx 9k APs:

whitelist-db cpsec add mac-address <mac> ap-name <name> ap-group <group> state approved-ready-for-cert cert-type factory-cert

------------------------------
    Nathan
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba 515 ap to 7210 controllers deploying new aps

Posted Mar 27, 2023 09:15 AM

my apologies Nathan we have 2 7210 controllers on site and we have a an mc we have 345 ap's across 7 buildings I'm not sure as to how the controller and mc manage the ap's but I believe the 2 onsite controllers manage the clusters and hd-groups of the aps and the mc on the server manages the IP addressing including secondary ip's the event of failure