Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 635 indoor and 560 outdoor Access Points - Set up.

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Aruba 635 indoor and 560 outdoor Access Points - Set up.

Posted Mar 08, 2023 02:40 AM

Hello,

I would like to know  generally how the Aruba 635 indoor and 560 outdoor Access Points are typically set up and configured. Are they the same as the Instant Access Points, where a Virtual Controller is configured via the Instant Web UI and the cluster take their configs from that? Or would I need a seperate Wireless Controller? 

It is an obvious consideration but it is not mentioned any documentation, and I cannot find anything searching the Internet. 

Cheers for any help

Paul B

• 2.  RE: Aruba 635 indoor and 560 outdoor Access Points - Set up.

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 08, 2023 07:27 AM

You can run them in instant mode. One of them will be elected as the virtual controller, and can synchronize with other APs in the cluster. All that is required is that they are on the same VLAN/Subnet, and that they are running the same version of code. They will goin on boot, so upgrade and then factory reset. If you add another 635 after clustering the two, the new 635 or 560 will get is upgrade files (seed) from another AP of the same model and upgrade itself.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba 635 indoor and 560 outdoor Access Points - Set up.

Posted Mar 08, 2023 07:41 AM

Thanks a lot Dustin, that basically answers my question. I configured an IAP 315 a while back with the Intstant UI, which wasn't too difficult, so I'm happy enough on that side.

Cheers 

Paul B