Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 6405

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba 6405

Posted 5 hours ago

Hi there,

We have just purchased a 6405 HPE chassis which has a 24 port RX043C Fibre SFP+ module and a 48 Port POE+ SFP+ module. We are very new to HP Enterprise switches.

I have a J9150D Transceiver in the first SFP+ port on the RX043C module and that connect to a Aruba 6100CX 24 Port SFP+ switch via fibre that also has a J9150D SFP 10G-SR module.

When I do a show transceivers on both switches via the console port (USB-C) it comes back with the correct interface and the SFP details, but there is no light on for either fibre ports and it has a status of Waiting for Link. Is there anything specifically that needs to be configured for the fibre module on the 6405 or the CX6100 to enable fibre operation?
    I have checked the Aruba Installation guide but cannot find anything specifically for fibre port configuration or setup.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Darren

• 2.  RE: Aruba 6405

MVP GURU
    Posted 5 hours ago
    Hi, is the Fiber Optic patching cable (say you used an OM3 MM LC/LC or, better, an OM4 MM LC/LC) used to interconnect the two peers connected in such a way the Tx on one side goes to Rx on the other and vice versa (thus crossed)? The Aruba 6400 24 SFP+ / 4 SFP56 Module (SKU: R0X43A) should work flawlessly with the Aruba J9150D SFP+ SR Transceiver...the same could be said about the Aruba CX 6100 (using one of its SFP+ available ports).

• 3.  RE: Aruba 6405

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 hours ago

You mention that there is no light... the 850nm light is nearly invisible and may not be on permanently if there is no link detected. Sometimes using your phone camera makes the infrared light more visible.

As mentioned, right cable is important (RX-TX, connector, length, fiber type).

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------