Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 7005 Mobility Controller upgrade with 4x Aruba AP-305 Access Point

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba 7005 Mobility Controller upgrade with 4x Aruba AP-305 Access Point

Posted 5 hours ago

If I have to do an upgrade of the Aruba 7005 Mobility Controller version (bring it to the latest version):

Boot partition
    ArubaOS 8.6.0.19_85031
    Backup partition 
    ArubaOS 6.5.4.23_83818

Which keeps connected 4x Aruba AP-305 Access Point 

By simply upgrading the controller, the APs will be upgraded and will not stop working? or should I take into account other aspects?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 7005 Mobility Controller upgrade with 4x Aruba AP-305 Access Point

Posted 5 hours ago

For full insights, it's recommended to work with your Aruba partner.

When you upgrade your controller, the APs will follow the software version of the controller automatically, and reboot. So there will be an outage, where I would plan for at least an hour, in practice it probably will be less.

With 'show version' or in the controller WebUI, please verify that you are running on the 8.6 release, not on the 6.5 release which requires a different upgrade with reconfiguration.

For the firmware, make sure that you upgrade to a version that is supported for both your APs and controllers, which is easiest to be found in the WLAN Platform Matrix.

Then you have the option for a long service release (LSR) 8.10 or a feature release (SSR) 8.11 or 8.12, where if you just want to upgrade the latest LSR is probably best, if you want to be on the latest features go for the latest 8.12.

If you have just a controller, the above should provide some guidance, if you also have MM/Mobilty Master or MCR/Mobility Conductor, upgrade those first.

Unless you are familiar with upgrades and operating these devices, I would recommend to work with your Aruba partner for a smooth upgrade with lowest downtime.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------