Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 7030 stuck after boot when trying to upgrade OS

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba 7030 stuck after boot when trying to upgrade OS

Posted Aug 21, 2020 05:04 AM

Hello.

I'm using Aruba 7030 controller in my network. I have some experience with this device because I already used one- the same model in different network but I didn't encounter such a problem. The controller when I bought it had OS 6.4 so I decided to upgrade it to version 8.6.0.4 (build 74969). Before that I did some basic configuration so it would have ip address from 192.168.5.x network. After reboot when OS upgrade completed STATUS light is red, the controller says "DHCP wait". I discovered that it has 172.16.0.1 ip address but I can't connect to it- every connection gets rejected. I also can't use MENU and ENTER keys on controller so I can't factory reset. Any help? 

• 2.  RE: Aruba 7030 stuck after boot when trying to upgrade OS

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 21, 2020 05:26 AM

When you upgrade from AOS6 to AOS8 it will perform a factory reset, thus erasing all configuration. You will need to configure the controller again.

Do you have a console attached to gain access?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 7030 stuck after boot when trying to upgrade OS

Posted Aug 21, 2020 05:43 AM

Yeah, I thought it will factory reset because I did that some time ago on another controller. But this one gets 172.16.0.1 ip address, not 172.16.0.254 and refuses every connection to it. About console- when I try to use PuTTy and SSH it says "Connection refused" (connecting through ethernet cable). Should I try USB connection? Can't find any drivers to be honest.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 7030 stuck after boot when trying to upgrade OS
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 21, 2020 06:12 AM

If you have the USB console cable which shipped with the controller then try that. You can try the drivers below:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/ToolsResources/tabid/76/DMXModule/514/Default.aspx?EntryId=4229

I'd try the RJ45 console in the meantime, this will give you an indication as to what is going on. You will also be able to perform the initial set up as well and obtain the L3 address.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 7030 stuck after boot when trying to upgrade OS

Posted Aug 21, 2020 06:22 AM

Sadly, I do not have RJ45 to RS232 cable. I'll try to connect to USB console with the cable I have.

• 6.  RE: Aruba 7030 stuck after boot when trying to upgrade OS

Posted Aug 21, 2020 07:42 AM

EXPLANATION:

I don't know why but controller went into auto-provisioning mode after OS upgrade. It refused all connection other than console. I had to use usb cable and change mode into full-config or something like that.