Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AirWave

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Aruba AirWave

Posted Dec 07, 2022 09:51 AM
    Good day!
    I work in an IT distribution company and we received a request from a customer for 46 level L2 switches that will work in a Wide area network. And so the customer wants from us:
    1 - quote 46 switches that will be able to stack (minimum 5 switches in a stack);
    2 - give a solution for the centralized management of these switches;
    3 - for this centralized management of switches to have a separate backup;

It turned out that the Aruba 2930M or Aruba 6200F model is suitable for the requirements for switches

It turned out that for the centralized management of these switches, Aruba AIRWAVE is needed.

And here I have a number of questions.
    Let's say I want to give a solution to the Pro applines Gen 10, which supports up to 1500 devices. In this case, do I need any additional e-licenses?
    For example, the Aruba AW-1000-FR 1000 AirWave Device Failover License E-LTU - do I need this license in my case and what is it generally used for?

And what should i do to cover the 3rd item of the customer's requirements? Give exactly the same second Pro applines Gen 10?

• 2.  RE: Aruba AirWave

Posted Dec 08, 2022 05:54 AM
    There are multiple options to perform centralized management for 2930M/6200F switches, including Airwave, Aruba Central, IMC, which each has different properties.

Please work with your Aruba Channel Manager or Aruba Channel SE to select the right products and create a Bill-of-Material.

To answer the direct question: The Airwave hardware appliances come without licenses and LIC-AW is needed for each of the managed/monitored devices. If you use a second hardware appliance for redundancy you can use the failover licenses instead of the normal Airwave licenses.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------