Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

[Aruba AP:505]system time problem.

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  [Aruba AP:505]system time problem.

Posted 3 days ago

hello,

I use virtual controller for managing all of our Aruba APs, everything works just fine.
    But the system time setting is weird.

In VC/Support show current time, the time is correct. Though in dashboard every time stamp is 8 hours later.
    (e.g. Current Time:2024-08-06 09:46:44;but time in dashboard 17:46)
    My timezone is UTC+8,but VC/Support show timezone is "none/none".

Please tell me how to correctly setup system time, then I can get precise time on dashboard.

Thanks for any reply, and sorry for my non-native English.

• 2.  RE: [Aruba AP:505]system time problem.

Posted 3 days ago

Can you share a screenshot? VC/virtual controller can mean multiple things.

Do you have a separate controller (running as virtual machine)? Or do you refer to the vc running inside one of the access pointsm (Aruba Instant)?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: [Aruba AP:505]system time problem.

Posted 2 days ago

Dear Robers,

Thanks for helping.

Our virtual controller is running inside access points.

Here is screenshot about dashboard and support page.

as show in the red box
    show clock command
    I am not allow to post all detail of our network setting, but if you need more information for solving the problem, please let me know.
    thank again.

• 4.  RE: [Aruba AP:505]system time problem.

Posted 2 days ago

The time in the graphs is taken from the local time of your browser. Could it be that the computer that you access the WebUI with is set to UTC?

Have you restarted the AP after you changed the timezone (not sure if that is needed, but it won't hurt)?

Assume you configured the timezone under Configuration > System > General > Timezone?

If this doesn't help, it may be best to work with your Aruba partner and/or Aruba TAC to get this further investigated.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: [Aruba AP:505]system time problem.

Posted 15 hours ago

Dear Robers,

I followed your advice, and it works!
    Thank you so much for your generous helping.