Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX 6300M - error while copying configs. Error: Failed to update checkpoint startup-config

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX 6300M - error while copying configs. Error: Failed to update checkpoint startup-config

Posted 3 hours ago
      |   view attached

Hello,

I have an interesting case, I have the following switches in VSF:

JL 658 A Aruba 6300M ​​24-port SFP+ and 4-port SFP56 Switch

JL 664 A Aruba 6300M ​​24-port 1GbE and 4-port SFP56 Switch

Displaying the message in the graphical interface "error while copying configs. Error: Failed to update checkpoint startup-config"

From what I identified, there is a known bug in previous versions and already fixed in the current version of this environment FL.10.11.1030. However, as seen in the log, it still exists.

So, knowing that version 10.11 is an SSR and without support since May of this year, I verified that the recommended version would be 10.13 LSR. However, in both 10.12 and 10.13, the SKUs JL 658 A or JL 664 A do not appear in the release notes.

Could you tell me if this message is a false positive or the reason why there is no LSR version for these models?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX 6300M - error while copying configs. Error: Failed to update checkpoint startup-config

Posted 2 hours ago

On the LSR release, from the 6300/6400 release notes (10.13.1040): "If your product is not listed in the following table, no minimum software version is required."

So, your switch should just work with 10.13 (or 10.12/10.14).

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------