Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX Schedule reboot without saving the configuration

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX Schedule reboot without saving the configuration

Posted Feb 12, 2024 07:39 PM

The question is the title...is it possible to do this?  This is something needed for when potentially dangerous changes are done on a device, in order to revert config after a set time if access is accidentally lost.  Rebooting the switch with the broken config saved is no good for this use case.

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX Schedule reboot without saving the configuration
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 12, 2024 07:57 PM

Take a look at the "checkpoint auto" command. It works that you issue the command, make the changes and if it breaks the switch to the point you can no longer manage it, after the timer expires it will be reverted to the previous check point. Its a whole lot better than the old reboot days of Cisco.

• 3.  RE: Aruba CX Schedule reboot without saving the configuration

Posted Feb 12, 2024 08:07 PM

Ah of course, I forgot about that.  Was stuck in a different mindset. Also a lot easier than the job+schedule config combo.

thanks.

• 4.  RE: Aruba CX Schedule reboot without saving the configuration

Posted Feb 12, 2024 11:21 PM

I hear yeah. Easy to do! Glad I could help.