Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba s1500 NAT issue

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Aruba s1500 NAT issue

Posted Oct 01, 2022 03:47 PM
    Hello
    I have an old aruba s1500  of 12p at home and everything works fine 
    My s1500  has some vlans and it has some interface vlans and its the one routing
    I also got 2  aruba instant APs

This is the issue i have
    When i do a speed test and im natting the performance is really bad.   I got 500mb and i get like 200mb out of it
    If im not natting i get my 500m
    I used the same port 

i just find this really odd

Any ideas what it could be?

• 2.  RE: Aruba s1500 NAT issue

Posted Oct 02, 2022 05:24 PM
    Not sure. I do not know this device.
    Performance specs are far grather than 500mb if you read the datasheet
    https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/c05272738

Perhaps it could be a firmware issue and could be resolved by updating to a newer version.

• 3.  RE: Aruba s1500 NAT issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2022 11:14 AM
    The NAT processing will run on the switch CPU, which is not really powerful. I can't find exact numbers, but it remember there was a limit on NAT and IPSec throughput on the S1500. The numbers in the datasheet are for switching performance only. 200Mbps of NAT throughput does not sound strange to me.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: Aruba s1500 NAT issue

Posted Oct 06, 2022 12:28 PM
    Thats really sad Herman, i liked de idea of having evrerying aruba at home.
    At this time just got 2 instant 225 and that s1500switch

Any ideas how i could manage it with what i have?

• 5.  RE: Aruba s1500 NAT issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2022 05:35 AM
    Can't you do the NAT on your ISP router?
    The Instant APs can do NAT as well, if you select the 'VC controlled' IP assignment.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: Aruba s1500 NAT issue

Posted Oct 13, 2022 08:13 PM
    No, I don't have access to the ISP equipment.   
    I know about the virtual controller IP assignment, but I didn't want to publish my APs with public IP addresses   I guess I will just buy a router that has the NAT throughput I need.
    I just wanted to have everything Aruba without spending a lot of money.