Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Wireless Network Issues (Lost)

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Aruba Wireless Network Issues (Lost)

Posted Jun 06, 2022 03:41 PM
    We currently run Aruba Wireless on Campus. Running an Aruba 7220 wireless controller. We keep getting reports of people saying that are having major connectivity issues between 10pm and 1am every night. Sometimes they are even kicked completely off the Wi-Fi and others they have no bandwidth (0.05 down). I am at a loss, this issue does not present itself during the day. Does anyone with Aruba knowledge have any idea where I can even start looking into this? We do have Airwave and the AP that these people connect to are AP105s.

------------------------------
    Lillian Thompson

• 2.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network Issues (Lost)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2022 06:12 PM
    In the Virtual AP for each WLAN, make sure that "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" is enabled.  Uncontrolled broadcasts can make a WLAN unusable.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network Issues (Lost)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 03:37 PM
    Hi Lillian,

Time based issues are most likely occur by some time based events in your network. Are there some scheduled tasks performing during this time window? like your backup solution overwhelming the network links. Check your back-end infrastructure like on over subscribed interfaces on your switch/firewall infrastructure, etc.

Most WLAN controllers are used in a layer-2 setup where wlan client traffic is uplinked from your wlan controller into a specific wired network vlan. If this is true a simple test could be to place a wired client into the same vlan that is used for wlan clients. From here perform some speedtests and/or capture some data with wireshark if your familar with packet captures. Goal is to figure out if its a wireless issue or a backend issue.

Because there are many many things that can happen it's hard to find the solution on the community, for a solution is properly the best to open a Aruba TAC Support ticket to assist you with this.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2022 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own