Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Autentication default AP93

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Autentication default AP93

Posted Feb 25, 2023 10:41 AM
    I did the factory reset of my AP 93 and I am not able to access the settings via the console.

Already tried:

admin/admin, admin/admin123,admin/"Serial Number" and password/forgetme!

The last one I saw in a discussion that would recover the password, but it didn't work.

• 2.  RE: Autentication default AP93

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2023 07:09 AM

Seems like the factory reset did not succeed, or the IAP-93 is managed in Central/Airwave and the configuration is immediately restored.

If you have console access, you can do the factory reset again and check if it was actually accepted and performed, an you could maybe share the output to see if there is an indication on why the AP is not resetted.

Just to be sure, you have an IAP-93 model? If it is AP-93 it will require a controller, but it also should just show a password prompt without asking for a username. The console output will give more info on that as well.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Autentication default AP93

Posted Feb 27, 2023 02:25 PM

Hi Herman, thanks for help

I have an access point model AP 93, however it is asking me for username and password in the console.

• 4.  RE: Autentication default AP93

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2023 05:37 AM

What is the firmware version running? You can see that earlier in the boot process.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Autentication default AP93

Posted Mar 01, 2023 06:14 AM

APBoot 1.2.7.4 (build 32721)

Dell

ArubaOs Version 6.1.3.1-3.0.0.2 (build 34479)

• 6.  RE: Autentication default AP93

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2023 08:43 AM

That version is ancient... the double version (6.1.3.2-3.0.0.2) means that it is an Instant AP running Instant firmware; which for these very old versions should have admin/admin as login for a factory defaulted AP.

Are you sure that you don't have other Aruba/Dell APs on the same network? If so, try to run the AP on subnet/vlan where no other APs are.

Do you see the 'instant' SSID broadcasted after the AP has fully booted up (may take 5-10 minutes)?

If this is Dell, you should get firmware updates from Dell. Latest version for the AP93 would be 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.20.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------