Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Automatically reference switch hostname in job scheduler

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Automatically reference switch hostname in job scheduler

Posted Feb 21, 2024 04:25 AM

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use the job scheduler on Aruba AOS-CX (6100 10.13.1000 ), and it works using :

10 cli copy startup-config tftp://<ip address>/folder/Switch123 cli, where Switch123 is the local hostname of the switch 

I'd like to make a generic script that i can post to numerous switches, and which will fill in the local hostname at runtime, similar to using %h in a cron job.

I've tried various methods to escape the % sign, such as  \%h , but everything I've tried has failed.  

Has anyone found the right syntax to do this (if it's possible)? I've been looking for most of the day

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Automatically reference switch hostname in job scheduler

Posted Feb 21, 2024 09:39 AM

I know some of the other HP switches would allow you to use the SNMP MIB as a variable.

Try using this as your hostname variable:

$(SNMPv2-MIB|sysName|0)

• 3.  RE: Automatically reference switch hostname in job scheduler

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 02:18 PM

Hello,

not supported today. good request. Please send details to account team or yashavantha.n.n@hpe.com with customer name, deal size and timeframe.

Regards,

yash