Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

Posted Aug 12, 2016 03:22 PM

i have problems with the backup of the switch cisco SG-300, when i try the backup the startup config of the switch, the result is 

SNMP Set operation failed.

1. Check that the SNMP parameters are correct.With SNMPv3 adopted, the username,
    authentication password, privacy password and privacy mode for the device and the iMC should be the same.

2. Check the MIB style (Execute the display mib-style command. If the MIB style is displayed as new,
    but it displays that the node sending the Set request is 2011 after packet capturing, synchronize the device.
    Check the MIB style again. If the MIB style is still inconsistent, execute the mib-style [ new | compatible ] command,
    and then restart the device.).

3. Error code such as no such name may occur for the Set operation. You need to capture packets to analyze whether such error
    occurs in the response received by the device.

4. Device busy, please retry later.

i have the device sync with IMC and when i test the SNMP settings i have the result Device "..."parameters successfully tested.

there any solution for this issue?

#cisco
    #sg300
    #ciscosg300
    #ciscosmallbusiness
    #ciscosg300
    #backup
    #HPEIntelligentManagementCenter
    #IntelligentManagementCenter
    #imc
    #HPIMC

• 2.  RE: Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

Posted Aug 12, 2016 06:40 PM

What's the sysObjectID for that switch? 

My guess is that there's no specific backup adapter for it, and it's trying to use the generic Cisco SNMP adapter.

• 3.  RE: Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

Posted Jul 10, 2017 05:09 AM

Here is the sysOID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.83.10.5

• 4.  RE: Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 05:23 AM

Cisco SG300 isn't official supported in imc up to now. We try to create an adapter to do so, and with tftp it works now. Restore or a secure copy dosn't work. Please send me an email to inge.bias@hpe.com, and I can send you our adapter set.

• 5.  RE: Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

Posted Feb 23, 2018 08:49 AM

Hi, could you please send me the adapter please ? I tried to create one but it doesn't work.

Thank you 

• 6.  RE: Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

Posted Mar 13, 2018 06:32 AM

Unable to send mail to that adress.

Could you please share the adapter here?

• 7.  RE: Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

Posted Oct 26, 2018 08:17 AM

hello 

i can't to send email at inge.bias@hpe.com. i can't backup the cisco smb. error snmp set operation failed

thank you

• 8.  RE: Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

Posted Nov 19, 2018 10:32 AM

Hello,

I put it on a public FTP server, try to download it.

imc Adapter

I put also the MIB on the FTP. So please firstly add the MIB, or download the latest MIB file from Cisco in imc and than add the Adapter. Hope this help.