Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't access switch's management IP

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Can't access switch's management IP

Posted May 27, 2022 01:45 PM
    I have a really bizarre issue that I've never seen before.  I have a 3810M switch at our remote disaster recovery site that everything seems to be working correctly on with the exception of the management IP.  I cannot access it from the network at all.  The config isn't anything new, basic default gateway for our management vlan, IP that falls in that subet, ports tagged all the way through.  Can't ping it, no web interface, no ssh.  From the switch itself, I cannot ping anything outside the switch, unless it's directly connected to it within the same subnet.  I also don't have a populated arp table, but I can see devices on the network from it with lldp and can see mac addresses from the main network.  Fortunately for me, I have a VMWare server connected to that switch I was able to throw up a test VM.  I get DHCP, DNS, et al.  With that VM, I am able to ping that switch while on the same subnet, as well as to our core, other switches.  It's really strange behaviour.  Has anyone seen this before or know a way I can resolve this?

Things I've tried:
    Rebooted everything
    Flashed firmwares 16.11.0004, 16.10.0020, 16.10.0019
    Flashed a slimmed down config with only the bare essentials
    Changed the management IP
    Added a secondary management IP on a different VLAN
    Changed the default gateway
    Changed the uplink port

------------------------------
    Kris Rieke

• 2.  RE: Can't access switch's management IP

MVP GURU
    Posted May 28, 2022 08:41 PM
    Hello Kris, that's really bizarre but there should be an explanation (maybe a configuration issue? duplicate IPs? VLAN tagging mismatch on Uplink port to Core? etc.), to me it looks like something related to VLAN membership on Uplink port to Core or something related to static routes (if IP routing is enabled).

Davide Poletto