Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't Start all process IMC on Linux

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Can't Start all process IMC on Linux

Posted May 26, 2023 09:26 AM

All Process don't start. They only start jserver, euplat and seplat.
    Installation passes approx. The database contains all databases for processes. You can log into the database after root account.
    I do not know where the problem is.
    Centos 7. 9 Mysql 8. 0. 33

Best regards.

Attachment(s)

txt
    my_cnf.txt   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Can't Start all process IMC on Linux
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2023 10:39 AM

Hello,

What was done before the issue happened? Is this after an upgrade, or a new install? What version of IMC are you running?

It's hard to say what might be the issue with limited data so far, but I would note that the processes you see started (jserver, euplat, seplat) are the 3 processes of IMC that do not require accessing a DB in order to run. Hence I would suggest checking connectivity between IMC and the DB.

Although all DBs for IMC exist on the DB server, have the users for each DB been created successfully? If so, are they able to login to their respective DBs?

You can retrieve the password for each individual IMC DB user using the pwdmgr.sh built-in script included in iMC\deploy folder.

To query password:
        pwdmgr.sh -query dbAddress dbName dbUserName

For example:

pwdmgr.sh -query 127.0.0.1 aclm_db imc_aclm

Once you have the password, you can try logging in from MySQL command-line on the IMC server to the DB with that user. Remember you may need to add @'localhost' or @'%' depending on whether it's a local or remote DB.

------------------------------
    Justin Guse
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Can't Start all process IMC on Linux

Posted May 29, 2023 01:29 AM

Thanks for the quick help.
    The problem was the lack of installed one necessary . rpm library - mysql-community-libs-compat in the appropriate version.

Greetings
    Janusz