Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal redirection with port 4343

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Captive portal redirection with port 4343

Posted 2 days ago

Hi All, I am using Aruba IAP version 8.10.

I'm in the process of learning CPPM captive portal(CPPM version is 6.10)

With the guide from Airheads Broadcasting youtube series Aruba ClearPass Workshop (2021) - Guest Access #3 - Wireless Guest (finishing up)

I found that my captive portal redirection always contain port 4343 instead of the configured port 443.

Captive portal doesn't show up.

Need help on this.

• 2.  RE: Captive portal redirection with port 4343

Posted yesterday

Port 4343 is for the WebUI of your WLAN (AP/controller). So it looks like whatever is under the blue box (IP or hostname) is pointing to your AP/VC/controller, and not to ClearPass; or ClearPass is not excluded from the redirection.

There is a video on guest server vs controller initiated that shows how to debug the captive portal process step by step with the browser developer tools. That may be a good one to have a look at.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Captive portal redirection with port 4343

Posted yesterday

Hi Herman,

Thanks for you great video.

I changed the guest vlan, make the guest IP address reachable to CPPM server now.

Can I conclude that the Guest IP subnet have to be reachable with CPPM Server?

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Captive portal redirection with port 4343

EMPLOYEE
    Posted yesterday

yes.  you can also enable "automatic URL allowlisting"

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.