Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromecast issue

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Chromecast issue

Posted Sep 19, 2023 11:16 AM

hi ,,

i'm working in a hotel project where there is around 500 APs (505+505H) and 2 7210-controllers (V, 8.9.0.3) ,,

the thing is there is guest SSID and its OPEN for all ..

so all guests are connected to that SSID and getting same subnet ,,

all smart TVs are also connected to the same SSID with the same subnet ,,

the issue is the TVs in the meeting rooms and admin areas ... are getting casting requests from gusets all the time.

is there an option for example to make the guest in room 106 to see only the tv in room 106 ?

there is 300-400 rooms in that hotel.

please help me to fix this issue , thanks ..

• 2.  RE: Chromecast issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2023 07:40 PM

see if the auto-association feature can help.

or you can have a role based policy that the guest users would only see specific airgroup services.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Chromecast issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2023 11:47 PM

There are some third party products/services that will provide this or similar functionality.  AirGroup has limited capacity to assist with this type of deployment as we prefer to work with identity information (user or device registration) that can make such a solution work consistently and well.  As Ariya mentions, auto-association may reduce the amount of issues you are running in to, but you'll only reduce the scope of visibility without the ability to restrict any access.

Also, please note that 8.9.0.3 is EOL and no longer supported.  Upgrading to at least AOS 8.10 is recommended.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110