Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.11 no space left on device

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.11 no space left on device

Posted Feb 26, 2024 04:08 AM

Hello everybody,

We are trying to migrate from a 6.10 cluster to a 6.11 cluster. My predecessor has prepared  the new servers already. It's up to me to migrate the configuration.

Yesterday I tried to restore the backup I made on the old server to the new one and was confronted with the following error:

/var/log/sudo.log: no space left on device.

The restore failed. Furthermore I was not able to login to the CLI because of the same issue.

Hoe can I clear this loggin? Is there any way to clear the logs from the GUI? Or do I need to reinstall the VMs to make this error go away?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.11 no space left on device

Posted Feb 26, 2024 04:13 AM

Did you add the required/recommended disk space? With such error it looks like there is not enough disk space, which can happen when you have not added the data disk during the appliance installation.

If you are sure that the data disk was added with the correct size, it may be good to work with Aruba TAC. If you added the disk after the installation process, or did not add the correct size for your VMs, or are not sure about that, it is probably best to start over and re-deploy the VMs.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.11 no space left on device

Posted Feb 26, 2024 04:27 AM

Thank you for replying so quickly.

The server was fitted with a 100G and a 1TB drive. I don't know what the recommended sizes are because I assumed that my predecessor would have done this correctly.

Furthermore, after I forcefully rebooted the server logging in is possible again. I am now attempting a restore of the backed up configuration.