Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.12 AWS

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.12 AWS

Posted Dec 05, 2023 06:16 AM
      |   view attached

Hey,

I'm running a clearpass 6.11 in AWS for one of our customer.

They received an email from the AWS store that 6.12 is available and is recommend to upgrade.
    I found no info of this version in ASP or somewhere else.

None of my colleagues knows anything about 6.12 .

What are the improvements and is it necessary to upgrade to this version for cloud clearpass in AWS?

Or do someone else runs 6.12 already?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.12 AWS

Posted Dec 05, 2023 09:23 AM

Hi

I have not seen any communication from Aruba regarding ClearPass 6.12 except that in some TAC cases where I have reported GUI glitches I got the feedback that it will be solved in version 6.12. But no estimated release date. 

But with the past years releases of new major versions with 1-1,5 years between them version 6.12 should be around the corner. 

But I should say that you can continue to run 6.11 for quite some time. 6.11 is also an LSR and thus version 6.12 may be an SSR.

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACDP , ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.12 AWS

Posted Dec 05, 2023 09:35 AM

yeah was suspecting the same.
    But quiet annoying that my customers receive a lot of emails from AWS that 6.12 is there.
    Where as we don't get any info what is changed or whatever.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.12 AWS

Posted Dec 05, 2023 09:37 AM

Just a wild guess, but I think that someone made a misstake and the notice about the new version shouldn't have been send to all customers...

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACDP , ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 6.12 AWS

Posted Dec 06, 2023 11:44 AM

That announcement may be on it's way as I see 6.12 posted on ASP as well... and the in product update check shows it as well:

But would definitely recommend to wait for the release announcement...

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass 6.12 AWS
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2023 11:48 AM

Yes, it looks like AWS has started to announce the update early.  We will officially send the Release Announcement later today, but we are releasing 6.12.0 today officially.  The VPC solutions typically take a day or two longer to approve and release that we have actually started with both AWS and Azure yesterday to minimize the delay.  They just happened to approve this version in less than a day and are announcing it.