Security

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.12 - Trouble adding access and onguard licensing - Clearpass server VERY slow to login

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.12 - Trouble adding access and onguard licensing - Clearpass server VERY slow to login

Posted 5 days ago

We recentely migrated from some hardware clearpass servers to VMs (1 subscriber and 1 publisher) and going through the testing at the moment. We were able to add the platform licensing just fine, but after adding the onboard licensing, noticed it now takes a painfully long time to login and I can't on the onguard and access licensing. 

When I try to add to add the Access licensing, i click the check box to agree to terms and hit "Add License" and nothing happens for a few seconds and then my page refreshes to the below:

Any ideas??

Error 404: Page not found
    The page you are trying to access is unavailable. Redirecting in 5 seconds...
    If the application continues to be unavailable, please contact your network administrator for further assistance.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.12 - Trouble adding access and onguard licensing - Clearpass server VERY slow to login

Posted 5 days ago

That 'redirecting in 5 seconds' message is shown when ClearPass is restarting or starting. Normally it will go away after a few minutes.

As you have a VM, can you check if there is high CPU or high memory usage? Did you provision the VMs according to the system requirements, and dedicated/guaranteed resources at the hypervisor level? When I see such issues, it's many times related to system resources or a full disk (no secondary disk attached).

If you can't fix it with this generic guidance, I would work with TAC.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.12 - Trouble adding access and onguard licensing - Clearpass server VERY slow to login

Posted 5 days ago

Thanks Herman. I thought it was a resource problem and I did check that 

Hardware Information
    Network: 2 Ethernet Interfaces
    Make: Aruba Networks ClearPass Platform
    Serial Number: None
    Version: 6.12.0.300732
    Model: C2000V
    Storage: 504.21 GB
    Physical Memory: 16.00 GB

[admin@Clearpass1]# show sysinfo

System Uptime    :  14:08:13.020000
    Active Partition : /dev/dm-13
    Disk Encryption  : Enabled
    ===========================================
                  Disk Utilization
    -------------------------------------------
    Total         :    504.21 GB
    Free          :    439.85 GB (87%)
                  Memory Utilization
    -------------------------------------------
    Total         :    16.00 GB
    Free          :    9.82 GB (61%)

WARNING - System resource information for C2000V.
     Current system configuration:
    -----------------------------
     Number of CPUs  = 8
     Total Memory    = 16.00 GB
     Total Disk Size = 1064.00 GB
    Required system configuration:
     Number of CPUs  = 8
     Total Memory    = 16 GB
     Total Disk Size = 1000 GB
    Input/Output Operations Per Second (IOPS) :
     Random Disk Read calculated at boot time  = 1499
     Random Disk Write calculated at boot time = 516
     Current Random Disk Read  = 1233
     Current Random Disk Write = 425

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.12 - Trouble adding access and onguard licensing - Clearpass server VERY slow to login

Posted 4 hours ago

That looks good at first glance, assuming the resources on the underlying hypervisor are not used for other purposes; which is unlikely as the slowness started after you installed the licenses.

When I see extreme slowness when connecting, it can also be related to DNS. Please doublecheck that you have working DNS servers configured, and ClearPass can query them.

If that's all working properly, you may try to upgrade to the 6.12.2 via the command-line and see if that resolves things, otherwise ask TAC to have a look. 

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.