Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

MVP
    Posted Nov 18, 2022 01:02 PM
    Just installed 6.11 and now noticing that access tracker only uses a 'tiny' portion of the vertical screen available.
    When setting it to e.g 100 records, it still only shows 20 at a time with scrollbars while the screen bottom half is blank.

Clearing cache etc doesn't help so wondering if anyone else is noticing the same behavior?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2022 05:03 PM
    yes noticed it too, i believe it'll be addressed soon.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2022 04:28 AM
    You can use the 'double finger' scroll gesture, or scroll wheel on your mouse when you are in the area of the screen where the logs are. That works fine for me, but there is no visible indication that it works like that.

It is a known issue that was introduced with the fixed header and footer (those will be always visible and not scroll away). I would wait till ClearPass 6.11.1 and if it is still there, report it to Aruba Support.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

Posted Nov 29, 2023 11:03 AM

Fast forward one year and six patches later and this "feature" is still present. The ability to resize columns was also lost. Without the ability to resize columns, I'm not even able to see 20 records at a time due to text wrapping in a couple of the columns.

I personally prefer the 6.10 behavior. I'd much rather have a screen full of records and be forced to scroll rather then be limited to a predetermined fraction of my screen. That's on a 1080P monitor. I can only imagine how much screen real estate is wasted on a 4K monitor with this design choice.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to restore some of the 6.10 functionality? 

• 5.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2023 12:58 PM

There are plans to update the UI to reduce whitespaces and fix the issue with number of records seen in the Access Tracker.  There is no ETA yet for this but is something that really needs an update.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

Posted 4 hours ago

Fast Forward now almost 2 yrs and there is no resolution to this issue.. ;-/

• 7.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

Posted 3 hours ago

The issues are solved in 6.12.

But I agree, it's strange that it hasn't been solved in 6.11

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 8.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

MVP
    Posted 2 hours ago
    No it has not been fixed in 6.12.
    Running 6.12.1 and still only half my screen in use. 

Dit e-mail bericht inclusief eventuele ingesloten bestanden kan informatie bevatten die vertrouwelijk is en/of beschermd door intellectuele eigendomsrechten. Dit bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Elk gebruik van de informatie vervat in dit bericht (waaronder de volledige of gedeeltelijke reproductie of verspreiding onder elke vorm) door andere personen dan de geadresseerde(n) is verboden. Indien u dit bericht per vergissing heeft ontvangen, gelieve de afzender hiervan te verwittigen en dit bericht te verwijderen.

This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to total or partial reproduction or distribution in any form) by other persons than the addressees is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete its contents.

Ce courriel et les annexes eventuelles peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles et/ou protegees par des droits de propriete intellectuelle. Ce message est adresse exclusivement e son (ses) destinataire(s). Toute utilisation du contenu de ce message (y compris la reproduction ou diffusion partielle ou complete sous toute forme) par une autre personne que le(s) destinataire(s) est formellement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez prevenir l expediteur du message et en detruire le contenu.

• 9.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

Posted an hour ago

I stand corrected. We have not started to use 6.12, more than just small tests in the lab. At least the column width is possible to adjust again. But I'm pretty sure I read in the release notes that the Access Tracker and other lists should fill up the screen as expected in 6.12.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 10.  RE: Clearpass access tracker not using entire screen?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted an hour ago

You sure?  Still lots of unused space when I bring up Access Tracker in my setup.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110