Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass cluster reversion from 6.7 to 6.6.8

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Clearpass cluster reversion from 6.7 to 6.6.8

Posted Feb 26, 2018 05:12 AM

While I've upgraded a cluster from 6.6.8 to 6.7. via the gui successfully, its only been on our local building 2 node cluster. Now need to think about upgrading our production 6 node cluster which has a combination of physical and VM servers.  What I've never done is reverted back from upgraded version to a previosu one. Mgt want me to try that before I go ahead with the upgrade. So with VMs , as precaution I can take a snapshot of the VM and reinstate that... so what . Can I do with a physical box ? Is it a case of creating another bootable image befiore doing the upgrade and reverting to that ?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass cluster reversion from 6.7 to 6.6.8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 05:55 AM

please have a read of the following documents if you havent allready to ensure that your hardware / VM's are compliant for upgrade as well as the new licensing for 6.7.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=28178

• 3.  RE: Clearpass cluster reversion from 6.7 to 6.6.8

Posted Feb 26, 2018 06:17 AM
    Yup everything there is fine.

Question was how do I restore to a 6.6.8 image if something goes wrong with
    upgrade to 6.7 on a hardware appliance

A

• 4.  RE: Clearpass cluster reversion from 6.7 to 6.6.8
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2018 06:51 AM

• 5.  RE: Clearpass cluster reversion from 6.7 to 6.6.8

Posted Mar 06, 2018 04:31 AM

Yup discivered that about 15 mins before I received your reponse :-)

Many thanks though

A