Security

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass-CPPM sending Logs to Syslog Server with Priority 7 (Debug)

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  ClearPass-CPPM sending Logs to Syslog Server with Priority 7 (Debug)

Posted Jan 24, 2024 10:43 AM

Hello Everyone

We are trying to get our CPPM Appliance to send session logs to one of our syslog servers.
    We use the following Settings:
    Export Template: Session Logs
    Export Event Format Type: RFC 5424
    Local Facility Level: Local5

The Syslog Server (Aria for Operations), receives the Logs with no problem.
    We see the Facility as local5 but the priority as Debug.
    Is there a way that we can override this?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass-CPPM sending Logs to Syslog Server with Priority 7 (Debug)

Posted Feb 12, 2024 08:17 AM

I see the same, but never noticed the syslog level as debug. I'm not aware of a configuration option for the log level. You may open a TAC case to verify this and ask for a confirmation that there really is no way of configuring the level.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------