Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass JW335AAE

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  ClearPass JW335AAE

Posted May 02, 2023 11:11 AM

Hello all,

We have a customer who we upgraded from the CPPM legacy licensing model to 6.8, they were running JW336AAE - 5K appliances which were converted to C2000V. 
    We are going to upgrade them soon to 6.11 however the End-of-Sale announcement for the old virtual appliances says that they are end of support May 1, 2024.

The ClearPass 6.7 License Conversion TechNote says support renewals are based upon the SKUs you originally purchased and not the equivalent SKUs post conversion does this mean they have to buy new VM ClearPass policy managers - JZ399AAE to be supported?

------------------------------
    Jason

• 2.  RE: ClearPass JW335AAE

Posted May 02, 2023 11:59 AM

No, in my experience a TAC case will handle that conversion.  You will just needs the sales/PO numbers.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass JW335AAE

MVP
    Posted May 03, 2023 06:43 AM

As per my case, that was not it. 

TAC Can support you in this regard but will ask you for information such as PO Number and/or Sales Order Number.

Shpat | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP |
    -Just an Aruba enthusiast and contributor by cases-

• 4.  RE: ClearPass JW335AAE

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2023 07:54 AM

Please work with your Aruba partner or local Sales Team. The required information to convert legacy VMs (or hardware) into current is described on Arubapedia for Partners on the Category:ClearPass page. The documents are quite recent (April 2023).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass JW335AAE

Posted 11 days ago

Hi,

Is this still the case? We also have converted our 5K appliances to 2000cv some years ago.
    Because of the EOL of 6.9, we have to migrate to the new Cx000V VM (JZ399AAE) appliance.

Our Aruba partner sent us a quote for two times JZ399AAE. I think this is strange, because we already own two JW336AAE licenses.
    If the above is still correct, we don't have to buy the two new licenses, but the partner can just ask support to migrate the licenses?