View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass modify_expire_time

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Clearpass modify_expire_time

Posted Apr 12, 2023 12:24 PM

Hi All,

I'm already installed Clearpass and configured Captive Portal with Login Page only and a Guest user will be create by Receptionist.

My problem is, how can i set guest expiration time every 12:59pm since authentication or login ???

Kindly need your advice

• 2.  RE: Clearpass modify_expire_time

Posted Apr 13, 2023 06:30 AM

I don't think you can set the time after login (expire_after) to a hard time, but you can set the time by an operator which is determined by the time that the operator creates/modifies the account (which is different to when the user first signs in, but it may work). In the Guest Manager screen there are some examples for the modify_expire_time:
    So for the end of the current day (11:59pm / 23:59) it will be 'today 23:59'. If you want it to have just before 1am/01:00, then 'tomorrow 0:59' would work with the remark that if the account is created between midnight and 01:00am, the account will be valid for one additional day.
    These options will probably work in all places where you can set an expire date/time. 

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------