Security

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass URL Redirection

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  ClearPass URL Redirection

Posted Nov 24, 2023 02:35 PM
    Hi

I hope you are well. 
    I would like to make a query on how to create a profile in clearpass to send to open a page, what happens that I have users in quarantine vlan, but in addition to this I want to show the quarantine page that is hosted in the Guest of the CPPM.
    I understand that I can use the following:

but when I put it in it does not redirect me anything, am I right or is there something else I should check or see?

Thanks in advance.
    Patrick.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass URL Redirection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2023 06:51 PM

i think the easiest way is to send the Aruba-user-role and that local role will have the URL to quarantine page which is hosted on ClearPass

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass URL Redirection

Posted Nov 24, 2023 07:08 PM

Yes, I did that in the end, but I wanted to know why it didn't work or if there was something else to consider to make it work.
    I saw that some people put 'url-redirect= "web page"' and others don't use the initial, but neither way worked for me.
    Do you think there is a way to make it work with the enforcement profile?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass URL Redirection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2023 08:44 PM

what is your NAD? is it a CX switch or Aruba controller or IAP?

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass URL Redirection

Posted Nov 27, 2023 12:16 PM

Is it a cluster of IAPs in Central

• 6.  RE: ClearPass URL Redirection

Posted Nov 26, 2023 02:57 PM

Never used that myself, but pretty sure that VSA doesn't work alone. I would suggest you also return aruba-user-role with a role that is limited identical to the "guest-logon" is - tho with no captive-portal config. 

John-Egil Solberg |
    ACMX | ACCX

• 7.  RE: ClearPass URL Redirection

Posted Nov 27, 2023 12:17 PM

Likewise, if it actually works, then can we conclude that by itself it doesn't work? 

• 8.  RE: ClearPass URL Redirection

Posted Nov 28, 2023 08:47 AM

Correct. Need "aruba-user-role" also, or you can maybe get around it using some default role/default mac-role in the AAA mac-auth profile.. Just verify what role the user has. 

You could just create different guest-logon-ROLEXYZ and attach different captive-portals to them.. Not sure what is easiest in your cast, as the role will still have to be created..  

John-Egil Solberg |
    ACMX#316 | ACCX#902