Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Colour of Access Points

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Colour of Access Points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 30 days ago
    hello all,

bit of a stranger request but can you confirm exactly what colour the Aruba APs. I know you want to say white but more specifically, can you confirm?

this has come in from a customer and they need to know what shade they are.

thanks

------------------------------
    David McEwan

• 2.  RE: Colour of Access Points

MVP EXPERT
    Posted 30 days ago
    Contact Aruba TAC Support would be your best option here i think.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2022 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 3.  RE: Colour of Access Points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 29 days ago
    Thanks MKK. i have sent them a messaged as well as advising that customer can purchase snap on covers and paint them if they need it as a certain colour.

David McEwan

• 4.  RE: Colour of Access Points
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 22 days ago
    As far as I know, the color is even different depending on the AP type. Most of them are 'off-white', but when I compare 300/500/600 series they are different in color and finish (matte vs shiny). I don't remember that I ever have seen the exact color, but what I have seen is that depending on the environment the APs may change color a bit over time. If color is important, the covers and painting are probably the best path.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Colour of Access Points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 22 days ago
    It's "Aruba white" ;-)
    There's no corresponding RAL, Pantone or other color code, and color matching is done using a color chip.
    Note that texture is critical as well, and may vary by AP model