Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuration Change From Console for AP-505

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Configuration Change From Console for AP-505

Posted 2 days ago

You can get some background information from this thread: Airheads Community

Airheads Community remove preview
    Airheads Community
    The last reference I could find to this is someone asking the question almost a decade ago, and not really getting an answer.An internal network scan is flaggin
    View this on Airheads Community >

I tried to make this same change using the local console, and then from using the console access through Central. It does not allow me to make the change. Is there something that I'm missing? I know with a switch I can disable Central, change what I need, and then re-enable Central, since it's a change the Central doesn't really manage. But I'm under the impression that doing this on an AP will wipe the configuration? Or at least change it to a different 'pre-Central' one?

I've also opened a support case for this, so we'll see what they say...

• 2.  RE: Configuration Change From Console for AP-505

MVP GURU
    Posted 20 hours ago

Have you tried just removing the central subscription for the device and test again?

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Configuration Change From Console for AP-505

Posted 20 hours ago

That was part of my question. I'm not sure what will happen to the config of an AP that is removed from Central. This site is nearer to me than most, but is still remote and Production, so I don't want to just make that change willy-nilly.

I got one answer from my inside technical contact. Turning off 'Console Access' would do pretty much the same thing, since we don't process a lot of manual commands through the 'Tools' in Aruba Central. Plus, could always turn it back on whenever I needed it.

I got another interesting response from TAC. No answer to updating this through firmware, but they did have a bit of a roundabout way of processing the command using the REST API interface in Central. Generate the applicable token, get the current AP configuration from the group and save it to a text editor, add the ssh disable command to the config, and then replace the AP config.