Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Configuration Migration from Mobility Controller v6.5.4.20 to HPE GreenLake Aruba Central.

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Configuration Migration from Mobility Controller v6.5.4.20 to HPE GreenLake Aruba Central.

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Everyone, 

Hoping this post finds well. 

This is my first post in this community, but I've always followed other members' posts and valuable replies from esteemed professionals.   

I was wondering if anyone has already tried and succeed in migrating the configuration from Aruba Mobility Controller to HPE GreenLake Aruba central 

Name:    Aruba Operating System Software. 

Model:    Aruba7210-US 

Version:    6.5.4.20 

Currently, I have 360 CAP-315s and looking to replace all with aruba AP-615s moving everything to be managed by Aruba Central. 

I looked online for anything that could be close to what I'm trying to do, but not even enough documentation or help for the new HPE GreenLake Aruba central WebUI. 

I've already started to rebuild the entire RF mgmt Profiles, SSIDs, etc. 

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Configuration Migration from Mobility Controller v6.5.4.20 to HPE GreenLake Aruba Central.

Posted yesterday

Hi Hani.

There is no migration tool from 6.x version MC to 10.x version GW. 

I would suggest that you take a training or hands-on workshop for AOS10. This would give you enough knowledge to start.

AOS10 is a different beast than 6 or 8 and you need to adjust to it.

In AOS10 the controller is located in the Aruba Central. The physical appliance is mainly used as a gateway for tunneling traffic from APs.

You need a subscription for each GW like 92xx/72xx Gateway WLAN Advanced subscription and subscription for each AP you need to deploy.

First step should be for you to create device group(s) in Central and apply common configuration like vlans, ssid-s, roles, radio profiles, security... on the group. You can find videos on Airheads Broadcasting Channel how to do it (even better, if you can get on one of the workshops or AOS10 trainings).

After that you can deploy GW(s) and APs and add necessary per device settings. I would suggest that you first try in small test environment before going into big bang.

Look into Validated Solution Guides. Here is a chapter of AOS10 adoption guide. Here is a link for AOS10 Essentials videos.

Aryiap was posted great how to guide for deploying GWs and APs.

Here is Aruba series on AOS10 topic:

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Configuration Migration from Mobility Controller v6.5.4.20 to HPE GreenLake Aruba Central.

Posted 23 hours ago

Gorazd,

Thanks much, I really appreciate your reply and the many resources included!