Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Configure Uplink Auth for all APs of a VC

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Configure Uplink Auth for all APs of a VC

Posted Jun 09, 2022 11:49 AM
    Hi all,

with controllers I can configure the Uplink EAP-PEAP or EAP-TLS settings for the whole AP group but with Central it seems like I need to edit every single AP. Is that the only way or am I missing something?

Right now I need to go into group level, List view, click the pencil of the AP, go to Interface -> Uplink and there I can enter the PEAP credentials. Then I need to go to AP level, go to config, Uplink and there enable PEAP as protocol. And these steps for every AP.
    My customer wants to configure this for a couple hundred APs in multiple groups, is there a simpler way to do this?

And is there a way so that new APs automatically get this settings pushed when they join the VC?

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Bjarne

• 2.  RE: Configure Uplink Auth for all APs of a VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 08:03 PM
    can't you do it at group level?
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/central/latest/content/aos10x/cfg/conf_ap1x_auth.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Configure Uplink Auth for all APs of a VC

Posted Jun 10, 2022 03:11 AM
    On group level you can not configure the credentials. It even says so in the link you sent:

So then I guess the only way is to create some script, because it isn't possible...

Thanks,
    Bjarne

• 4.  RE: Configure Uplink Auth for all APs of a VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2022 04:18 AM
    but with EAP-TLS it should be fine right?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Configure Uplink Auth for all APs of a VC

Posted Jun 10, 2022 05:58 AM
    Then, when I upload the AP certificate in the global context as "server certificate", can I choose it in the AP as client certificate?
    Because I don't see a client certificate option in the upload certificate page:

I saw that the APs need to be at least 8.9 for EAP-TLS in Central. 

But the currently recommended version is 8.6.0.16

We will upgrade in our test environment and test EAP-TLS Uplink auth on version 8.9

Thanks,
    Bjarne