Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring Bonjour For IPads Airprint on HP Procurve 5412zl

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Configuring Bonjour For IPads Airprint on HP Procurve 5412zl

Posted Oct 20, 2011 02:34 PM

I am new to the configuring of these switches that we purchased for our school.  It was set up by a consultant that is no longer in business.  We are trying to configure Apple Ipads to work with Airprint.  I have attached both devices to our wireless network.  They are on the same vlan.  I have enabled IGMP on the vlan.  I cannot see the printer when I try to browse from it on the IPad.

Anyone willing to take a crack at this?

Thanks!

#bonjour
    #zl
    #apple
    #wireless
    #iPad

• 2.  RE: Configuring Bonjour For IPads Airprint on HP Procurve 5412zl

Posted Oct 24, 2011 08:19 AM

Bueller?........Bueller?........

• 3.  RE: Configuring Bonjour For IPads Airprint on HP Procurve 5412zl

Posted Oct 28, 2011 04:42 PM

First, can you see/print to the printer on the same network from a regular computer? Secondly, are you sure the printer is AirPrint compatible? What is the brand & model?

• 4.  RE: Configuring Bonjour For IPads Airprint on HP Procurve 5412zl

Posted Sep 20, 2012 05:42 AM

I am having the same problem, however it is possible for the ipad to print however I need to setup the network connection again and it works for only a short period before being lost on the network again. 
    Also from my mac it is able to find the printer and says that it is idle however when i try to print wirelessly it then says the printer is offline and unable to print and then trys to cancel the print