Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring HA for IMC

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Configuring HA for IMC

Posted 20 days ago

Hello Team,

I have a new IMC(JG748AAE) installed and working. The software and database are on the same hardware.

Now I need to get the HA working and I already have the license(JG771AAE) and came across the below link. But this requires iHA Tool installation. 

Now my question is do we need to have iHA installed for the HA to be working for IMC? 

Can i get the HA working like in Airwave/Aruba controller? Install the software and give details of primary so that they get in sync?

Was looking for a step-by-step manual if someone can help on this.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/comware/IMC/HPE_IMC_iHATool_Installation_Guide.pdf 

• 2.  RE: Configuring HA for IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 20 days ago

Hello John,

That's the correct document, and it does provide the steps needed to set up iMC in HA. It assumes you understand how to install IMC and its database and so those steps aren't listed. You need to pick one of the 3 different deployment types for HA and go with that. Note the latest iHA install guide is always included in the iHATool.zip file in the iMC download's tools folder.

If you want to use the most common one, a shared remote DB deployment, then you would need to first change your current deployment so that the DB is not local but remote... and you would need at least a second iMC server for HA to work as well. It doesn't have to be licensed (same license as primary is used once set up, as long as it includes HA license). Additionally you need a HAC system which is the monitoring and control system that also triggers the failover (again no license needed).

Either way, you need iHA to be setup for high availability to work with iMC. It's quite a process and a lot more work than Airwave or other software, but if you have some specific questions we can try to help.

------------------------------
    Justin Guse
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Configuring HA for IMC

Posted 18 days ago
    Hello Justin,

Much appreciate your reply and it cleared many of my doubts.
    Since we dont have a database/storage server in the project, we decided to go with "Centralized deployment with DBMan....". Now i have more queries if you dont mind.

1. Looked into the aruba support for dbman and not found. Could you please share the link as the external sources may be infected.
    2. As you can see in the attachment, the deployment demands Internal, External and External Virtual IP. I have attached my topology where I have only 1 network configured for the server. In this case how do I configure these IP's.

Thanks again
    Regards,
    John