View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Connection between an Aruba 6000 and a Dlink DGS-3630-28SC via SFP

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Connection between an Aruba 6000 and a Dlink DGS-3630-28SC via SFP

Posted May 17, 2023 01:42 PM

Hi

I try to connect an Aruba 6000 and a Dlink DGS-3630-28SC via SFP and it doesn't work if I connect them between the Aruba SFP port with a J4858D transceiver to one  of the 20 SFP port with a DEM-311GT transceiver, but if I put the transceiver on the D-Link in one of the 4  Combo port the link is up and working

Does any one has already seen that?

Thanks

Frédéric Besse

• 2.  RE: Connection between an Aruba 6000 and a Dlink DGS-3630-28SC via SFP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2023 11:13 AM

Please check the Aruba Transceiver guide if you have the proper transceiver. On page 88 there is an overview of the supported 4x4 part numbers, and as well a documented limitation that 100Mbps is not supported. As well the CX version needs to be 10.08 or higher, but I think that is the initial version for the 6000 switch.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------