Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Console connection to Aruba 8325 switch using micro USB not working.

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Console connection to Aruba 8325 switch using micro USB not working.

Posted Feb 02, 2024 01:49 PM

Hi there
     I cannot console into our Aruba 8325 switches through the micro USB port but can console using the RJ45 port. I can however connect to the USB ports on our 6300m switches with no issues at all.  Not sure why.... any suggestions?
    My settings are 
    Data Bits: 1
    Stop Bits: 1
    Parity: None
    Flow Control: None

• 2.  RE: Console connection to Aruba 8325 switch using micro USB not working.

Posted Feb 03, 2024 05:03 AM
    Do you see the com port come and go, as you plug inn and out, in the PCs device manager?, start there, and confirm
    the action with another switch console port.

---------------------------------
    Steinar
    ---------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Console connection to Aruba 8325 switch using micro USB not working.

Posted Feb 06, 2024 08:57 AM

the 8325's may use a different console driver. I ran into a similar issue when trying to connect to some brand new 6300's.

For my 6300's, i had to download some newer driver that was different than the driver i used to connect to my 8360 or 8400 switches. Check your device manager to see what's showing up under Ports. I want to say the 8325 may use the original hp usb console serial driver, same as the 8400's and the 5412R series switches

• 4.  RE: Console connection to Aruba 8325 switch using micro USB not working.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2024 06:06 AM

If you are using type-c cable on both ends, try with another type-a to type-c instead.  For 8360 I am pretty sure it requires type-a to type-c and it is mentioned in the installation guide. 

------------------------------
    Stanislav Naydenov
    ------------------------------