Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Daisy Chain 2 1420 Series Switches

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Daisy Chain 2 1420 Series Switches

Posted Jun 19, 2020 06:56 PM

I'm a novice at this so apologies in advance.

I have two HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Series Switches and only one wall socket to hook into my companies ethernet. In order to be able to use them both, I need to daisy chain them such that one plugs into the wall, and the other one plugs into the first. I've tried this a couple of times but have not been able to get anything to connect to the network through the second switch (they connect through the first one just fine).
    There is probably either a simple solution to this, or it's not possible and I need a larger switch. If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

#switch
    #1420series
    #daisychain

• 2.  RE: Daisy Chain 2 1420 Series Switches

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 20, 2020 02:34 PM

Hi! AFAIK the HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series represents only unmanaged Switches...so there is no way to configure them for a particular purpose other than being plug&play Layer 2 switches.

Technically you shouldn't need a crossover patch cable between them because they support Auto-MDIX...so it can't be an issue related to their physical interconnection.

Given that you can daisy-chain them simply by connecting any port on the first 1420 switch to any port on the second 1420 switch the only question that come to mind is: what is the state of the ports used for daisy chaining them (Link/Activity)?