Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Delete portal user HP 830 8P. "User access number is not zero, can not be deleted "

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Delete portal user HP 830 8P. "User access number is not zero, can not be deleted "

Posted Oct 13, 2015 11:49 AM

Hi. I'm trying to delete some portal users from controller, but some of them I get the message "User access number is not zero, can not be deleted ". I've checked those user and I noticed that the User Acces Number is 1. Probably it happened because the user didn't logoff from the session.

How could I change this access number or force delete the user?

#HP830
    #wificontroller

• 2.  RE: Delete portal user HP 830 8P. "User access number is not zero, can not be deleted "

Posted Oct 13, 2015 07:59 PM

Hi

Did you verify with following commands to see if there are any wireless users still using?

display wlan client

display portal user all

Did you use the "portal delete user-all" command under the "enable" mode to try deleting the user?

Alternatively you can look at adding "idle cut" command under the portal domain, to delete/remove the user from the data base if there is no activity after certain period.

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0126307

• 3.  RE: Delete portal user HP 830 8P. "User access number is not zero, can not be deleted "

Posted Oct 14, 2015 02:43 PM

Hello RamKrish!

Your link was very valuable, but the command to cut the connection is:

<HP-830_ac-isp-portal> system-view

[HP-830_ac-isp-portal] cut connection user-name 'username'

After doing this I was able to delete user directly from user interface.

Thank you very much!!