View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Design of Aruba 9012 GW and Aruba 6300m switches

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Design of Aruba 9012 GW and Aruba 6300m switches

Posted yesterday
    Connection problem

At these distances, the Aruba 9012 GW does not recognize the connected DSL router.

Even at these distances, the Aruba 9012 GW does not recognize the connected Aruba 6300 switch.

If I reduce the connection distance, i.e. below 5 m, the connection establishes without any problems.

There must be an explanation for this,

• 2.  RE: Design of Aruba 9012 GW and Aruba 6300m switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted yesterday

It may be the cable quality as well, or low quality connectors or just a faulty longer cable. In general, a 55m UTP connection should work.

When using a media convertor, in general I would keep the UTP part as short as possible.

I would start with a cable test and make sure your cables are correctly wired.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Design of Aruba 9012 GW and Aruba 6300m switches

Posted yesterday

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

the cable quality copper cable Cat6e. Fiberglass is OK too.

They work when HPE5510 and Aruba6300, Aruba6000 are connected via the same cables.

As far as I can tell from my analysis so far, Aruba GW9012 is causing problems.

• 4.  RE: Design of Aruba 9012 GW and Aruba 6300m switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted yesterday

In that case, please work with Aruba TAC. There may be a known issue, but I'm out of clues.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Design of Aruba 9012 GW and Aruba 6300m switches

Posted yesterday

Check what ports are doing:

show interface gig 0/0/11

show port link-event

show port stats 

show port stats debug

show port status

Maybe look into show tect-support for clues.

It is possible that RJ45 port is bad. Did you try with different port?

If you can't find any interesting data in those logs, TAC time.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024