Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP for Wireless and Wired clients Issue

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  DHCP for Wireless and Wired clients Issue

Posted Dec 05, 2023 10:40 AM

I am using Aruba Central and Instant AP 505's at multiple sites, I have a single site's clients not being able to get addresses from the DHCP distributed scopes . I only have one AP 505 onsite (small site 5 people). I had the distributed DHCP Scope setup and working and it is working at another site with a similar config except it has two AP505's there. I cleaned up some of the VC info like the netmask, gateway, dns, and vlan since the AP and VC are on the same subnet (small site no servers) to fix the syncing failing. Ever since, I haven't been able to get the distributed DHCP to work. I did try to add the info back and I am getting the same results. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks

• 2.  RE: DHCP for Wireless and Wired clients Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2023 05:38 PM

was it a distributed L3 DHCP scope? see if you can paste the current configuration.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: DHCP for Wireless and Wired clients Issue

Posted Dec 05, 2023 09:25 PM
    It's an L2 and I'll post the config in the morning.

Thanks
    Joe

• 4.  RE: DHCP for Wireless and Wired clients Issue

Posted Dec 06, 2023 09:36 AM

• 5.  RE: DHCP for Wireless and Wired clients Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 08, 2023 02:27 PM

I ended finding that the site router had an IP helper setup on it. I ended up creating the DHCP scope on the DHCP server that we use for other sites.