Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP Problem after update to 8.10.0.12

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  DHCP Problem after update to 8.10.0.12

Posted 3 days ago

Hi,

I am facing an problem after  I did an update from 8.6.0.22 to 8.10.0.12. We are using an mobility condutor environment with about 90 mobility gateways.

I did this update in the last few weeks on almost 50 mobility gateways. Last night I did the remaining an this causes an issue.

Internal DHCP server is not working any more on these last machines.

Show ip int brief tells, that the problem vlan is up but protocol is down. Don't know if it is just a symptom beacuse users did not get an IP so  there are no users in vlan.

I created a new vlan with dhcp and it is working. But i cannot change ip settings for not working vlan that easy.

Any idea? Anybody had similar problems?

• 2.  RE: DHCP Problem after update to 8.10.0.12

Posted an hour ago

Such issues, with this level of detail, are better to be resolved through your Aruba partner or TAC.

If you have a VLAN without any ports (or associated client) to it, it will remain down, unless you put the 'operstate up' command on the VLAN interface. Have seen issues where it takes a while when a client connects for the VLAN to become active, and not sure how the dhcp server handles VLANs going up/down. Note that the DHCP server in the controller should only be used if there is no better solution in place. External servers (as well external routing, so not on the gw/controller) is preferred in most cases.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------