AOS-CX Switch Simulator

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Does this Simulator have any Routers or is it all Switches? (AOS-CX Simulator)

This thread has been viewed 55 times
  • 1.  Does this Simulator have any Routers or is it all Switches? (AOS-CX Simulator)

Posted May 20, 2022 01:30 PM
    Hello 

I have installed the AOS-CX simulator and it works (kind of).

Part 1
    When I drag the Icons to the work area it always defaults to the 6300.
    When I change the icon and put in an 8400 it "seems" to behave like a 6300.
    Is the 8400 a router?
    Do I need to do IP Routing command to make it route traffic?

Part 2
    The downloadable Ions only appear in the switches category and no Aruba Icons appear in the Router category.
    Is there a downloadable ICON file for routers?
    Am I missing something?

My Setup
    AOS-CX simulator using GNS3 and Virtual Box.
    I chose Virtual Box so I would not need to find a new License for VMWare every 30 days.

I am new to Aruba. Hopefully these questions are not too obvious.
    I am attempting to go through the book Aruba Switching Fundamentals Lab Guide Vol 1 (Rev 16.41)

Thanks for you help!

Liam

------------------------------
    Liam Hawthorne

• 2.  RE: Does this Simulator have any Routers or is it all Switches? (AOS-CX Simulator)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2022 11:41 AM
    Hi Liam,
    The AOS-CX Simulator simulates a "generic" CX switch. Generic, in this context, means that it does not simulate any switch in particular. I configured the default icon to be a 6300 but that can be changed. The reason I am using that icon is that the 6400 and 8400 are modular and the simulator looks more like a fixed switch.
    In terms of behavior, the simulator, by default, works as an 8xxx, for example: interfaces are layer 3 (routing) and down by default, when a 6xxx has the ports as l2/bridged ports and enabled by default.
    On the other hand, the simulator supports some AAA features that the 8xxx family does not.
    So, look at it more from the software point of view than from the hardware point of view.

Finally, this software simulates a layer 3 switch, with many routing features: OSPF, BGP, but does not include router-specific features like NAT.

If you have any further questions, let me know.
    Regards, Ruben Iglesias.-

• 3.  RE: Does this Simulator have any Routers or is it all Switches? (AOS-CX Simulator)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2022 03:12 AM
    You may find useful to retrieve the working features of the Simulator through the feature-navigator:
    https://feature-navigator.arubanetworks.com/
    Select product type Fixed or All, and select platform Simulator.

Vincent Giles