Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Dual ethernet port AP600-series configuration best practices

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Dual ethernet port AP600-series configuration best practices

Posted 3 hours ago

When cabling AP-635 and AP-655 indoor switches to utilize both ethernet ports, attached to a four-node CX 6300M switch stack VSF, what are the configuration best practices?   I am assuming an InstantOn configuration utilizing 8.0.10.13 as a minimum firmware rev.

I would prefer to cable each AP ethernet port to a different physical switch so that if a switch goes down, the other remaining AP port will be functional.

Ideally, I would like to utilize the 2.5G - 5G bandwidth of each AP ethernet port to get the most of the 6300M bandwidth available for less-than 100m short-runs utilizing CAT6A 10G capable cabling.

If I configure an LACP group on the switches that will give me primary/backup capability, are there options in the CX LACP configuration to utilize active-active so that both AP ports can be active simultaneously?

Is there anything special that needs to be configured on the AP end to take advantage of active-active?

Thanks