Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

E-MSM430 and Guest VLAN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  E-MSM430 and Guest VLAN

Posted Mar 10, 2014 01:44 PM

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to configure a corporate and a guest SSID on a same E-MSM430 without any success...

I just followed what Peter explains in this post (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/MSM-Series/MSM430-Guest-Network-Setup/td-p/6021235#.Ux3cYed5PDs). So I created a Vlan 14, added the Vlan 14 to the port 1 and Egress the guest Wifi to the Vlan 14. 

The thing is that I entered a specific IP address to the VLAN 14 (on the Port1). I tried to ping this IP directly from the Switch and it does not work. I configured the switch port where the MSM430 is connected to untag all VLAN 1 (defaut) traffic and tag vlan 14 for the guest. Behind the HP switch I have a cisco firewall ASA with an IP in the VLAN 14. The communication between the switch and the ASA is okay but not with MSM430.

I don't know what I did wrong, does someone have an idea ?

Please let me know if you need any other informations !

Thanks a lot guys.

#VLAN
    #Tag
    #guest

• 2.  RE: E-MSM430 and Guest VLAN

Posted Mar 10, 2014 02:45 PM

If your AP is behind firewall you have to open UDP port 38212 and TCP 1194 ports then only AP discovery will work (L2 discovery mode ).

R/

Praveen

• 3.  RE: E-MSM430 and Guest VLAN

Posted Mar 10, 2014 03:02 PM
    i don't have any manager. This is a standalone wireless station. I just try to create two SSID. One guest in a VLAN 14 et one corporate in the default VLAN