Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Extremely low speed under WPA3 CNSA 192bit mode

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Extremely low speed under WPA3 CNSA 192bit mode

Posted May 17, 2023 11:21 AM

Hi,

We've been trying to deploy the WPA3-CNSA(192-bit), and we have already been using EAP-TLS for a long time. Before Instant 8.11, No client could connect to CNSA mode SSID. After 8.11, they can connect, but the speed will be extremely slow( maximum 10-30Mbps). Initially, we thought it was a performance issue on 505 until we got our first 655 yesterday.

It's a monster. We can get a stable 800 Mbps on the ax 5Ghz 80Mhz channel. However, speed drops happened again when CNSA is on. We've tried to disable k/v/r roaming and all the IDS&IPS. Nothing changed. We even tried to create a new CA and Client Cert with different parameters( RSA vs Curve & key length). It is just a bit weird. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

BTW, we can't find the factory firmware(Without login) for the whole 6xx series AP

• 2.  RE: Extremely low speed under WPA3 CNSA 192bit mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2023 01:38 AM

when you enable CNSA mode, does the CPU spike?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Extremely low speed under WPA3 CNSA 192bit mode

Posted May 18, 2023 04:42 AM

No, it's even 10% lower when running Speedtest  compared to  WPA3-128(30% in CNSA, 45% in 128 for AP505) . RAM usage is also normal. Thanks

• 4.  RE: Extremely low speed under WPA3 CNSA 192bit mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2023 05:01 AM

what supplicant do you have for WPA3-CNSA(192-bit)?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Extremely low speed under WPA3 CNSA 192bit mode

Posted May 18, 2023 09:09 AM

Mainly Apple Devices. M1 iPad Pro/MacBook and some iPhone(Minimum 12)

Minimum OS version: iOS 15.6 and MacOS Monterey. Thanks

• 6.  RE: Extremely low speed under WPA3 CNSA 192bit mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2023 06:33 PM

please reach out to our TAC and let them investigate further.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.

• 7.  RE: Extremely low speed under WPA3 CNSA 192bit mode

Posted May 25, 2023 11:06 AM

The firmware for the AP-6xx is on the AP already, and you can use the in-product update to get to the latest recommended version. That is probably why there is no factory image available (yet).
    For the slow performance, that can also be a client/driver issues, or an issue that the encryption for CNSA 192bit is not supported in the hardware of your clients and performed in sotfware with a lower performance. This definetely needs to be further investigated, so I would +1 the recommendation to get TAC involved.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.