Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Fabric Composer in EVE-NG for EVPN

This thread has been viewed 56 times
  • 1.  Fabric Composer in EVE-NG for EVPN

Posted Jun 24, 2022 09:20 AM
    I'd like to integrate Fabric Composer into EVE-NG to tie it into my EVPN environment.  Has anyone got this working yet.  I'm thinking that I can convert the OVA file to a qcow2 file, then rename it to the hda.qcow2 file, but not sure if I'll need a new template file for this, or if I can just link it to one of the existing templates.

If anyone has any ideas, please reply.  Otherwise, I'll keep working with it and post something here if I get it working.

BTW - EVPN in EVE-NG works well, but are type-5 routes not supported in the simulated environment?

• 2.  RE: Fabric Composer in EVE-NG for EVPN

Posted Jun 25, 2022 02:42 PM
    I use a vyos router as "oob" router. I have a shared ztp setup for all labs. I have a AFC in vmware outside of my EVE-NG and access the mgmt interface through the "oob" gw. EVPN in combination with VSX does not work in the simulator if you try to send traffic through the network.

------------------------------
    Arne Opdal
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Fabric Composer in EVE-NG for EVPN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2022 04:10 AM
    You have help on EVE-NG help for that part.
    Please consider that Type-5 are not supported on Simulator (the virtual-mac command is not available in CLI and router-MAC attribute in NLRI can not be set).
    This is a gap for Simulator. However, it does not prevent to use it in combination of AFC to get trained on AFC, as many steps and workflow in AFC will work.

• 4.  RE: Fabric Composer in EVE-NG for EVPN

Posted Jul 07, 2022 09:11 AM
    Thanks for confirming the Type-5 route situation.  Running an Aruba EVPN lab in EVE-NG is a great tool to get customers hand-on with Aruba EVPN that helps sell the solution, any chance Aruba is working on a next version that would support Type-5 routes?

• 5.  RE: Fabric Composer in EVE-NG for EVPN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2022 09:26 AM
    Very little chance to have this type-5 support soon on simulator...