Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware Updates

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Firmware Updates

Posted Jun 06, 2022 03:42 PM
    Hi,
    I've recently started a new position that has 3 x AP305's.  I've not used Aruba before, but I've managed to login to the virtual sever and can managed the APs and SSID's.  I don't seem to be able to see how long each of the APs has been running for, and the OS is 8.6 which I believe to be mid 2020.  If I click on the 'Check for new version' it will try for a few minutes before timing out.  I have updated the NTP details as suggested in another post but this has made no difference.  I have also tried to download the firmware directly from Aruba Support Portal but get an error
    <mat-icon _ngcontent-agi-c235="" role="img" fontset="fa" class="mat-icon notranslate fa fa-warning mat-icon-no-color" aria-hidden="true">
    </mat-icon>HttpErrorResponse

------------------------------
    Dave Stephen

• 2.  RE: Firmware Updates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2022 08:11 PM
    are these managed by Aruba Central?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Firmware Updates

Posted Jun 07, 2022 04:26 AM
    Hi Ariyap,

They are controlled via a virtual controller, so I guess I have posted this question in the wrong place.

Thanks

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.
    We put the security of the client at a high priority. Therefore, we have put efforts into ensuring that the message is error and virus-free. Unfortunately, full security of the email cannot be ensured as, despite our efforts, the data included in emails could be infected, intercepted, or corrupted. Therefore, the recipient should check the email for threats with proper software, as the sender does not accept liability for any damage inflicted by viewing the content of this email.
    Please do not print this email unless it is necessary. Every unprinted email helps the environment.
    The views and opinions included in this email belong to their author and do not necessarily mirror the views and opinions of the company. Our employees are obliged not to make any defamatory clauses, infringe, or authorize infringement of any legal right. Therefore, the company will not take any liability for such statements included in emails. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, employees are fully responsible for the content of their emails.

• 4.  RE: Firmware Updates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 06:31 PM
    If you don't have a valid support contract, you can use the 'limited lifetime warranty' and download the 'factory' image for the AP model.
    You can download the lifetime warranty firmware without a login. In order to do that, search for 'factory image' on ASP: https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;search=factory;products=Aruba%20Access%20Points

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.