Security

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Galleria and. Custom skins - do they support different sized client displays

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Galleria and. Custom skins - do they support different sized client displays

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 06:37 AM

CPPM  6.11.7/6.12.1

I've seen another thread sayingt that Galleria skins will support  varying sized displays e.g.  iphone -> macbook  and provide a "dynamic"  web page.... what about  custom skins ? I'm using a. custom skin for a captive portal web page ( simple thing  with an image and. some bullet point paragraphs) ... or do i need to  use a galleriia skin ?

A

• 2.  RE: Galleria and. Custom skins - do they support different sized client displays

Posted Mar 01, 2024 11:31 AM

For web pages to adapt to different screens, you typically use 'responsive design', which is done with CSS code. You can easily check if a web page is made for responsive design by making your browser window smaller, or use developer tools in your browser to set the screen to a mobile/tablet and see how the page adapts.

A custom skin is probably not responsive by itself as it's pretty basic, but you may make it responsive. To be honest, that is something you should ask a website designer for. There are sites where you can get responsive designs (even for free), but you would need to see how to get that converted in ClearPass. This responsive design is also normally part of the Skin Service, those skins are supposed to look fine on both mobiles and PC screens.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------