View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Generate Event Sysylog

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Generate Event Sysylog

Posted Dec 20, 2022 02:15 PM
    Hello,

I wold like to produce event 989 syslog in My ARUBA 2930M version WC16.10 on CLI ?

Best regards

• 2.  RE: Generate Event Sysylog

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 21, 2022 03:54 AM
    I would not know what you need to do to trigger this message. I don't see it in my switches. The idea of this table is that if you see the message, that you know what it means.

Are you looking for specific information? If you are looking for login/logout events, those are covered in other messages:
    Dec 21 09:43:22 192.168.31.51 03362 auth:  User 'admin1' logged in from 192.168.2.150 to SSH session
    Dec 21 09:43:23 192.168.31.51 00179 mgr:  SME SSH from 192.168.2.150 - MANAGER Mode
    Dec 21 09:43:45 192.168.31.51 03363 auth:  User 'admin1' logged out of SSH session from 192.168.2.150​

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Generate Event Sysylog

Posted Dec 23, 2022 03:37 AM
    Hello,
    the idea is to generate this event in command line to be able to visualize it in the logs, for example the event 993, I can cause it with the command line:
    aaa authorization group GROUP1 3 match-command telnet deny log
    aaa authentication local-user user1 group GROUP1 password plaintext

• 4.  RE: Generate Event Sysylog

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2022 08:24 AM
    If you can cause it, does that mean your issue has been resolved? If not, please explain in a different way what you are searching for.

If the ask is to generate arbitrary syslog messages from the ArubaOS-Switch CLI, that is not possible. Syslog messages are generated by events that happen.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.