Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Network only connect to internet

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  Guest Network only connect to internet

Posted Jun 09, 2022 12:53 AM
    Hi,

I have IAP-315 (RW), no Wireless Controller device.
    Can I config Guest network only connect to internet on AP?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Guest Network only connect to internet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 02:37 AM
    yes you can do that, you can create a new SSID and select Guest as its primary usage, then you have the option of putting the guest clients on its own VLAN or use "Virtual Controller managed" option which source NAT the traffic.

here is the user guide
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_88_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/captive-portal/conf-wlan-guest.htm

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Guest Network only connect to internet

Posted Jun 09, 2022 03:55 AM
    Hi ariyap,

I config as your guide and user guide. The Guest network can connect internet. It's also access another vlan.
    I would like to setting only access internet and deny other vlan. Can i do it with IAP-315(RW)?

• 4.  RE: Guest Network only connect to internet
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 07:54 AM
    Hi Oscar,

This can definitely be done within the AP. To do this you will need to create some firewall rules within the AP settings on the Guest role. This can be done in the Access tab when setting up the Network:
    The rules you need will be unique to your scenario, but they may look something like this. Access to the network range 10.0.0.0/8 is denied but everything else is allowed. The order of the access rules are the order in which they are applied. 

A couple of other settings may be useful also for the Guest network to ensure they can't find a way through. On the Basic tab under Advanced Settings you will find 'Deny inter user bridging' and 'Deny intra VLAN traffic'. Enabling these would probably be a good idea for the Guest network to reduce the chance of traffic going somewhere you did not intend.

• 5.  RE: Guest Network only connect to internet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 07:08 PM
    also you can make use of the web category to deny inappropriate content on your guest network.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 6.  RE: Guest Network only connect to internet

Posted Jun 09, 2022 11:15 PM
    Hi ariyap,

Thank you for your sharing, This is new infor for me.
    I setup rule like this and check some word with google search as: games, hacking,..... The result is not deny.

• 7.  RE: Guest Network only connect to internet

Posted Jun 09, 2022 11:07 PM
    Hi ProbeRequest,

It's working perfect.

This is problem, I was looking for
    Thank you very much