Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

Heat dissipation Switch+PSU - Impossible to find values

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Heat dissipation Switch+PSU - Impossible to find values

Posted Feb 22, 2024 04:52 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Team,

I am trying to calculate the maximum heat dissipation of a system which is the assembly of :

• 1xJL661A 
    • 2 JL087A 

Now from the Iris tool I have the value 327.57BTU/Hr when I have the above configuration BUT i believe this is only for the switch as :

• When i put only one PSU the total weight doesn't change
    • When I put different PSU the total BTU/HR doesn't change

I looked almost everywhere to get the chart of power consumption to heat dissipation of the PSU in general but to no avail online, which is why I am asking.

My reasoning, is the following :

• The PSU are platinum rated, which means at 100% capacity they are 90% efficient (10% will be dissipated to heat)
    • The Maximum PoE power draw for the switch with the 2 PSU in redundancy mode is 740w, which will bring for me a Heat dissipation at 74w (256BTU/hr)

So the total heat dissipation of the switch + 2 PSU in redundant mode, worst case scenario is around 580btu/hour (or 170Wh)

Does that seems logic ? Is there any datasheet or tool providing the heat dissipation of the PSU or the total assembly ?

Thanks in advance